Mark Your Calendars for
Heart Smart Week 2014!
- Thursday, March 20, 2014
- St Matthew’s University, School of Medicine
Leeward Building 3, Hippocrates Hall
5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- FREE ADMISSION!
Must Pre-Register online
- Participants: www.surveymonkey.com/s/BJGD8V
- SMU Students Only: www.surveymonkey.conm/s/BQ53LWD
- ** 3.5 hours CME **
- Speakers & Presentation Topics
Johns Hopkins Medicine - Dr. E. Donnelly Michos, M.D.
“Interpretation of the New 2013 ACC/AHA Guidelines on the Prediction of ASCVD Risk and the Management Of Blood Cholesterol: What was Done Well and What Could Be Done Better."
- Baptist Health International - Dr. M. J. Villar, D.O.
“Cancer Related Heart Disease/Heart disease Secondary to Cancer Treatments”
- Cleveland Clinic Florida – Dr. A. Boyle, M.D.
“Advanced Heart Failure Management”
- St. Luke’s Mid America Health Institute - Dr. B. M. Ramza, M.D., Ph.D.
“Keeping the Rhythm”
- Heart Health Centre - Dr. M. Kosiborod, M.D., F.A.C.C., F.A.H.A
“Safe to Play"
- Tenet Healthcare – Dr. L. A. Simkins, M.D.
"Important Interventions in Cardiology - Acute in the Cath Lab, Chronic in the office"
- *A brief Q+A segment will follow each presentation
5th Annual Learn & Live Red Dress Affair and Women's Heart Care Expo
FRIDAY, MARCH 21, 2014
5:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman
$75 per person & Corporate tables of 10 for $700
Globesity: Fat’s New Frontier
A 21st Century Supermum’s Challenge!
Dr. Ana M. Viamonte Ros
Director of Medical Staff Development
Baptist Health International
Former Secretary of Health and
Surgeon General of the State of Florida
Heart Health Fair
Saturday March 22, 2014
ARTS & RECREATION CENTRE
8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Know Your Numbers!!
Free Cardiac Risk Screenings for Adults & Children on: Blood Pressure, BMI (Body Mass Index), Blood Glucose & Cholesterol & Waist Circumference Please do NOT eat or drink 10 hours prior to the test (except blood pressure medicine).
ACTIVITIES AND FUN FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY!
- Get active kids zone for children sponsored by rotary sunrise & chf including zumba dancing, karate and much more!
- Presentations by international and local medical specialists
- Heart healthy local produce by market on the ground & cardiac protective
- Healthy snacks